2011年3月30日水曜日

Sad...

Yesterday, I learned a 65-year-old man in Sukagawa killed himself. He was a farmer. As everyone knows some kinds of veges in Fukushima found to be contaminated by radioactive materials, the government announced it and prohibited to sell them. Now the market doesn't accept all the veges from Fukushima. Actually it is not only about Fukushima but Tochigi and Ibaraki.
The man lost his hope and killed himself.
It made me think about the weakness and the strength of humanbeings.
Over 190,000 people are in shelters, losing everything, literally everything. But they seem to be very strong. They are trying to stand up again. And all the kind helps go to them. I feel the warmth of humanbeings. I heard some young boys and girls are working as volunteers in shelters and they say they want to rebuild their community. Now they've got a motive to live forward. In this sense, I think we can help each other and live together.
The man who killed himself had his family and property. But he gave up. Why was it? Was it because of the upcoming fear? And is there any ways to help those people in despair?

I also learned a woman from Fukushima was not accepted into a facility because of a fear of radiation she might have.  Finally, it started. I worried about this. Maybe people or anything from Fukushima will be discriminated in some ways from now on. It's sad. But there should be a way for us to overcome this. I want to witness how Fukushima overcomes this problem however long it may take. I'm filled with love toward my own hometown. I'll never forsake this place.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿