2011年3月26日土曜日

The earthquake

This is all the itsy-bitsy detail about a small community in Fukushima Prefecture, which is about 60 kilometers away from the nuclear power plant.

March 11th, 2011, the earthquake occurred at 14:46.
It was the largest earthquake I have ever experienced in my life.
(I am in my fifties, by the way.)

The cabinet I saved.
No glasses inside now.
We put the books back.


I was at our office in Date-city. The upper part of the cabinet behind me was shaking and moving forward. I tried my hardest to hold it back.
I was thinking it should end soon. But it just kept on.
The first one stopped. I managed to save the glasses and plates in the cabinet.
So silly! In this crisis, I was trying to keep this place tidy!

When I went outside, I saw roof tiles on the ground and cracks on the walls.
Then the second one came, and soon the next one. It went on and on.

Still I didn't realize how bad it was. I went home and watched TV.
Then I saw all the horrible things on the coast.

2 weeks have passed. We still have earthquakes every day.
Sometimes the tremor goes on for a long time.  (A.Suzuki)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿